EIntcomex Cloud puts at your disposal the API that allows you to get the most out of the Intcomex Cloud platform – ICP. Let us tell you how to do it here.
We have good news for you.
Intcomex Cloud Platform – ICP, is the business center for cloud services, ready for Resellers to carry out the sales, implementation and billing processes in a completely automated way. It also allows your end customers to enjoy the solutions and services directly. But this is something you already knew. That is why you chose Intcomex as your business partner. Now we want you to get the most out of ICP. And for you to achieve this, we provide you the API that establishes a bridge between ICP and your applications.
What are we offering you?
With the ICP API you will be able to integrate our platform with your internal systems (Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP, Customer Relationship Management – CRM, billing, etc.), automate processes that are repetitive, complex or require a lot of human interaction and devote more time and effort to grow your business instead of spending it on repetitive and routine tasks of the operation.
In this integration process, which works for the business model of CSP through ICP, we have some tasks that we are going to perform and others that you will have to perform to achieve the integration. Intcomex, for its part, is ready to:
- Provide access to the ICP API.
- Provide detailed guide to the process
- Provide support when you have problems calling API services.
For your part, in order to get the most out of it, you must do the following:
- Develop the software application that calls the API services.
- Provide the username and password that allows access – you must use the same one that you use to access the platform.
Don’t worry, you will find more details and information later, to make this process easier for you. We have everything ready to make this process as simple and productive as it can be.
What services can you integrate in ICP with the API?
Basically, almost all the processes of our ICP platform are capable of being integrated. In broad strokes we will show you some of the services that you can find available for integration. We have grouped the services as follows:
- Session authentication and validation: related to obtaining the token for entry and validation regarding whether the session is active or not.
- Company related – to create or identify and locate the reseller customer so that ICP recognizes it.
- Related to subscriptions: to handle the creation, validation, updating of subscriptions, among others.
- Related to users: to create, update and identify users.
- Related to reports: to run and obtain previously defined reports.
- Related to services: to request and identify services.
- Related to invoices: to obtain billing information for predefined periods.
How does the integration work?
There are different integration scenarios. We cannot establish a single standard due to the great diversity of systems and applications that can be handled in this business. However, there are two scenarios that are very common and can be integrated through the API: integration with the company’s billing system and integration with an application developed by the reseller.
Before starting the integration through the API, you should consider the following:
- Define how the existing customer in your information system is going to be related to the records created for him in ICP.
- Store the account codes assigned to each subscription in your database.
- Define session parameters and service parameters, and also be sure of the parameters that are required to be sent on each call.
- Use the Marketplace URL assigned to the reseller for the connection.
- Make sure that the username and password to be used to interact with the API have the appropriate role for the actions it will execute.
And now… let’s see an example!
We had previously mentioned that one of the most common integration scenarios through the API is integration with the billing system. This is the logic of tasks to run to obtain the billing data for the previous month. Keep in mind that this is a task that must be executed from the first day of the new month, since the data it delivers is from the previous month.
It is important that when designing a solution or application that is going to use the API services, you bear in mind to:
- Have available the codes and names of the products that you will offer to customers, as you will need them to carry out the coding.
- Make the tests of the calls with the actual codes that you will use, so that you know exactly the fields that you will need to fill or pass as a parameter.
- Make tests of the different scenarios and the variants that you foresee that may be presented.
We know that you always want the best for your business. We want you to take advantage of this option that we offer you today so that you get the most out of our platform – ICP. And of course, you have all our experience, knowledge and resources to guarantee a process of integrating ICP with your systems and applications in a simple, efficient way that allows you to focus on growing your business.